- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Services at Forsyth Veterinary Hospital
Veterinary Services for Winston, New-Salem, Clemmons, Louisville and Lexington Pets
Here at Forsyth Veterinary Hospital, we provide a full range of veterinary services for dogs, cats, and most exotic or "pocket" pets in Winston, New-Salem, Clemmons, Louisville and Lexington. Our services include:
- Preventative Medical Care - Regular wellness evaluations enable our skilled veterinary team to detect illnesses or injuries before they can develop into major health crises. Vaccinations should usually be started at a very young age, and then "boosted" periodically to maintain protection against potentially deadly infections. Preventative medications are also necessary to guard against flea, tick, and heartworm infestation.
- Surgical Procedures - Spaying or neutering keeps your pet from getting reproductive cancers or engaging in risky "heat"-related behaviors. If your pet is hit by a car or attacked by another animal, he may have lacerations that need suturing, broken bones that require surgical repair or a damaged knee joint requiring surgery. Our veterinary team can also remove tumors, stones, and other internal objects that threaten your pet's life.
- Dental Care - We generally recommend annual dental evaluations to check for signs of disease, along with deep cleanings (under anesthesia) to prevent the buildup of tartar, a food source for dangerous bacteria. If one decayed tooth threatens the health of nearby teeth, we may perform an extraction. Oral cancers can also be removed via dental surgery.
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs) - An electrocardiogram, or EKG, is a method for monitoring the electrical activity of your pet's heart. In this painless, non-invasive procedure, electrodes are adhered to the pet's skin for a few minutes while a machine records his heart rate on a roll of paper for examination by our veterinarian.
- Laser Therapy - Laser therapy is a high-tech way to soothe pain without drugs and stimulate the healing of damaged tissues. A harmless low-level laser beam increases blood flow and cellular repair while relieving soreness and inflammation in the treated area.
- Digital X-rays - Digital x-rays offer much higher resolution and detail than standard x-rays, allowing us to make more accurate diagnoses. They're also available for viewing on a computer monitor immediately, with no waiting to develop film. We can even email the results to another practitioner instantly if the need arises.
- Boarding - Veterinary boarding gives your pet a safe, comforting place to stay while you travel. We can administer medications to pets with special needs while providing all our guests with affection, healthy food and exercise.
- Baths - Baths don't just make your pet smell better -- they also remove pests, particles that cause skin irritation and oils that attract bacteria. We can give your pet a thorough cleaning while also examining his skin for any problems that merit treatment.
Learn More from Our Veterinarian
Our veterinarian, Dr. Gillis, has been practicing for 30 years, making her a wealth of information on the complete spectrum of veterinary services. Contact Forsyth Veterinary Hospital to learn more and schedule an appointment!